We had an awesome trip to Southern California, where we met up with Grandma & Grandpa Bailey and Uncle Brian. We went to Disneyland and California Adventure, and then went south to San Diego! Lucy loved Disneyland. Her favorite rides were Dumbo and the Tea Cups. Surprisingly, Lucy was just tall enough for all the "big" rides. The height requirement is 40 inches and she is about 39.75, but with shoes she is 40 easy. So we took her on Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Matterhorn, but for some reason she always wanted to go back to Dumbo! She had so much fun and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Too bad she probably won't remember the trip . . . I guess that just means we'll have to go again!! Thanks Mom & Dad & Brian for the GREAT time! Here are tons of pictures . . . scroll quickly.
The famous pic you must take before going into Disneyland!
Lucy loved the carousel- she could've just rode it over and over.
Lucy loves Toy Story and was so excited to see Woody . . . that is, until we got up close!
Lucy with Uncle Brian (her glasses broke, this is what they keep her from doing, poor girl!)
Even Kate had fun!And the Princesses . . .


This was probably the longest line we waited in to see the princesses. Lucy loved it! It wasn't quite as scary as Woody and Jesse.
On the Riverboat, Mark Twain
At the petting zoo. I had no idea Disneyland had this, but Lucy had fun!
Standing on the "L" outside California Adventure.
The teacups with Grandma & Grandpa.
The girls takin' a break.
Saying goodbye to Grandma & Grandpa before they left for their CRUISE! We still had another day at Disneyland with Brian!
Having a FUN time!
On Huck Finn's? island. Lucy had a great time running around. We about lost her on several occasions. Not on purpose.
We spent awhile at this treehouse. Lucy would run up and down and around and wave at us on the bench everytime she past. She made it up and down surprisingly fast by the end!After Disneyland we went down to San Diego and dropped Brian off with the Guest's. Then we headed to Ahlstrom's before going home. On the way home we got to stop in Las Vegas to meet up with Char (my old roommate) and her boyfriend for lunch! It was great to see her and meet her man. Then we stopped for a break in St. George and walked around the temple grounds and saw the home Nick's mom lived in growing up.
We enjoyed the weather and can't wait for it to make it here! It was a great trip- thanks Mom, Dad, & Brian!!!













5 comments:
I love Disneyland!!! I can't wait to go there with our girls. It may be a while but it is definitely something we will plan on doing. It looks like Lucy had a blast and yeah you will probably have to go back so that she can go on all the next level of rides. She will love it all over again! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Oh and i'm jealous you got to see Char! How serious is she with this guy? I hope serious!
Thanks for meeting us in LA!Spending time with you and the girls was so much fun. I still can't believe Lucy got me on those tea cups...I'm smiling because the ride hasn't started yet. That may be my first and last tea cup ride!
BOOM! Thats what I'm talking about, california was awesome. The pictures you put up are so prime, I cant stop thinking about disneyland either Lucy.
Brian
Ah looks likes alot of fun. You look great in the pictures kim. I love your haircut, and lucy is so grown up, I'm surprised she was able to ride the "big" rides. Brian is sure growing up fast as well. How old is he now?
I'm totally jealous! I love Disneyland and Sky has been wanting to go since we first got married. We will have to plan a trip in a year or two when Cali would actually be able to go on the rides! Glad you guys had so much fun with your family!
Post a Comment