So much to blog about! Our internet has been down since we made it home from our trip to “The Oregon,” as Lucy calls it. But first I have to write about Kate’s eye surgery. The procedure went well. However, they were only able to get a tube in one eye, darn it. But that eye is doing great and is clear! When they went to put the tube in the other eye, as suspected, there was no lower duct there. So they tried to just make a duct with a probe, in hopes that it would stay open. The doctor said the upper duct was very tight, so he used his biggest probe to open it up. Poor girl, doesn’t sound fun does it. Well both eyes were doing great after surgery and no goop for one whole week. But now the tubeless eye is back to “normal”. The doctor that did her surgery has referred us to an Occuloplastic surgeon in Salt Lake to figure out what our next step is for that eye. I guess the good news is we are half-way to being there! Kate came out of surgery and anesthesia quite well and after a quick recovery we hit the road for Oregon ( I know we ARE crazy). Both girls did great for the trip, as did both horses. Yes, we couldn’t go somewhere without horses and a 36 foot horse trailer. That would be way too easy. The morning after we got to Klamath we headed over the mountain to a horse pull in Jacksonville. Nick and the horses did great (I think they pulled 10,000 pounds . . . awesome) and we were on our way back to Klamath to make it to Brian’s graduation. It was fun to go back to good old Henley. He plans to start at BYU next week. Not much of a break for the poor guy. We enjoyed a few more days with the fam in Oregon and then had to come back home. We celebrated Kate’s first birthday while we were there too! 

She’s becoming quite the busy little girl. I didn’t think it was possible but she may be busier than Lucy was. Wow. Between the two of them, I feel like I never stop. Kate is beginning to walk and will soon be running, I’m sure. Then I’ll really be in trouble! She loves to empty out anything she can (drawers, bags, cupboards, etc.) and is in the toilet every chance she gets. Kate loves all the animals around home . . . until they get too close. Then she has a panic attack. She’s like me, I guess! She loves to climb up and watch the horses out the window. Kate is such a sweetheart.



The day after we got home from Oregon, Lucy had an eye doctor appointment. They just never end! The doctor that did Kate’s surgery wanted to look at Lucy too. I decided I'd get outside and try to attempt a little weeding in the garden before we went. Lucy came with me and Kate was napping. I'm weeding away, and all of a sudden I hear Lucy screaming. She somehow was attacked by the fence. I think she was pulling on the wire and it came back and hit her in the face. I ran over and she was holding her eye. Oh no. I was sure she'd poked her eye out. Anyway, she scratched herself just below, barely, her eye and down a little. I figured it was just a minor scratch and cleaned her up. Then it was time to go to the doctor . . . and NO GLASSES! We could not find them anywhere. She had them on earlier, but had no idea where they went. So we were off to the doctor with no glasses and her eyelid split open. Great. The doctor obviously asked what happened to her eye, and checked it out. He looked through his thing, and said that the wire had perforated clear through her lower eye lid. Lovely. He was more concerned about that than her crossed eyes. Poor Lucy. Anyway, he told her to keep wearing her glasses and put her on an antibiotic eye drop. We go back to see him tomorrow about the cut, which is doing much better. Long story, but makes me laugh now (I wasn't then).
We went to another horse pull last Saturday in Utah. It went well and we'll be back for two more this week. Any Utah friends that want to come, we'd love to see you!! Karen & Dave and their kids were able to come to the pull last week, which was great! Lucy loves to play with their girls. We also got to meet up with George & Karen Boone and Jordan & Meghan and their girls! It was great. This is who we stayed with while we were in Florida a couple years ago. They are the greatest. George & Karen are out here from Florida to visit their kids. It was so fun to see them and visit! Sadly, I have no pictures. Well, this is getting to be incredibly long. As you can see, Brian took some cute pics of the girls while we were in Oregon. Their dresses are from Marianne, aren't they so cute!!? Thanks Marianne!




And Crazy Aunt Ga! Love ya Janelle. It was so fun to be home and see family. Wish we lived a lot closer though, that 12 hour drive just doesn't seem to be getting any shorter!











12 comments:
Cute pictures. The one of Kate crawling in the grass looks like you to me. Where in Utah is the horse pull? I'm not sure what those are all about, but sounds fun. Adorable girls.
I LOVE you pictures! Your brother is good! You guys sure have been busy!! Glad you got to go home for a visit--that's always the best! I wish we lived closer to my fam, too! :)
Those pictures are soo super cute. Thanks for the offer to help! I think we have got it under control thanks to my dad. He is really anxious for us to get up there so he's got it all worked out and ready to go. Too bad about Lucy's run in with barbed wire. That had to hurt i'm sure. And I'm sure it stressed you out a bit. It's good you can laugh now. Well hope to see you sometime soon, keep those darling pictures coming!
SO THAT IS CRAZY WE LIVE SO CLOSE AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT. WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER SOMETIME. YOUR GIRLS ARE DARLING, AND I'M SURE THEY ALWAYS KEEP YOU UP TO SOMETHING. SO I'LL HAVE TO GET YOUR NUMBER THROUGH E-MAIL OR SOMETHING. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUR HUSBAND DOES A HORSEPULL CLOSE TO HERE TOO, WE WOULD LOVE TO COME WATCH. MY HUSBAND LIKES STUFF LIKE THAT. LATER...
Wow- you guys are sure busy- I guess it keeps things exciting. Darn it about Kate and Lucy's eyes- hope you guys get things figured out with that. I hope you get to relax a little bit.
Kime, I can't even begin to tell you how uch I wish you were back. Dixie is now my only friend.
As you can see, I am losing my mind. I've forgotten how to spell your name, uch is not a word, and my ability to profread has entirely left me.
Yeah, well.....um, ok......never mind.
Kim, what is up with those kids eyes! Remember that time I got clothes-lined at your house by that random line of barb wire, I have complete sympathy for Lucy. Hey, and nice pictures by the way. Janelle you better not have forgotten how to proofread, I just sent you my American Heritage paper!
Those poor eyes! We loved having you here and wish you were back already. Really, I can't get enough of visits from you guys!
Hey Kim I don't think that I have seen your kitchen yet is it finished?
I seriously don't think your two girls could be any cuter! Soo cute. Have a Happy Fourth!
Post a Comment