Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving in Oregon!

We made it to Oregon for Thanksgiving again this year! We had so much fun. Sadly, I didn't take very many pictures. Lucy had been talking about going for weeks before. She loves to go to "the Oregon" as she calls it, but she especially likes to hang out with Grandma & Grandpa. We stayed busy while we were there. Nick did a lot of hunting with the boys in the wee hours of the morning. My Mom and I started an adorable quilt. And pretty much we just partied! We went ice skating and had lots of fun. Lucy was so excited to go . . . but after about a half an hour of the skates and cold, she was ready to get her "skaters" off. She did great though.
Kate had fun trading off with Grandpa & Uncle Brian going around the rink!
We had to go cut down a Christmas tree too! I can't remember a year we haven't done this. Such a fun tradition. And it wouldn't be the same without being drug around on a tube behind the suburban with a tow rope!
Lucy with my cousin, Jordan. Check out his sweet stitches above his eye. He crashed the night before ice skating. Poor guy!
And here it is . . . our beautiful Christmas tree. Sadly, all of our Christmas decorations are in Lewisville, so we made do with what we had! The girls are getting so grown up . . . I can't believe it, wish they'd just stay little girls forever! They are so much fun.

2 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

I love that last picture! So cute and they are growing up so fast! I cnan't believe Kate is already in nursery it doesn't seem that long ago that you posted that you were expecting again~ Crazy! Well we got our own little Christmas tree from the woods too. :) I don't know why I even put it up though, pretty much every ornament is at the base of the tree because of a very active 2 year old. :)

Nik and Janelle said...

Your girls are so dang cute!!