Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Much to Blog About

We're kind of boring around here lately. Not much going on here other than that I got some sweet deals this morning at Albertsons. Yeah. I spent $6.59 and saved $70.48. Not too bad. Some other exciting news is that one of Nick's horses made it to the National Western Stock Show in Denver. Pretty big! We almost jumped in the car and went, but decided we better not. Most of Nick's family went, so we got updates on the show from them. Cap is the horse Nick took from 'rags to riches' and made him into a real horse. We sold him a couple years ago to Texas. Now he is with the big Express Clydesdale hitch out of Oklahoma, and they drove him on the lead of their six-horse-hitch at the show in Denver! That's pretty awesome. Here's a pic. Cap is the horse in the front and on this side. Look at him move!

Go Cap. Way to make it famous.

Oh, here's the pic of my deals this morning. $6.59 for over 26 pounds of oats, 24 string cheese, 2 pkgs of cookie dough, and 2 tubs of margarine! Awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang check out those deals! Did you just buy all that oatmeal so you could take the picture? Seriously how are you going to eat all that. Sweet horse Nick. Are you guys still coming here this weekend for that horse pull?

Jackie said...

That is awesome you were able to save so much. I need to start figuring out all the coupons and the good deals out there.

Kim said...

Nathan & Alisa- The oatmeal was like 10 cents a canister, how could I resist?! And we love oatmeal around here . . . and cookies too! We'll use it. It's possible I still have some from the last Quaker sale too . . . hehe. Yes, we are coming for the pull. Hope you'll be around, so we can hang out!

Jackie- couponing is great, just takes lots of time. But I figure I have lots- staying home with the kiddos, so why not. I'll warn you though it's a bit addicting!

crystal carlson said...

You got some awesome deals--way to go! That's cool about your horse & it was fun to see pictures of him! Tell Nick hi for us!

The Bell Family said...

Kim, where do you go to get such good deals. I try but I can never get deals like that!

Marcy M Miller said...

That is awesome on the deals, I've tried the whole coupon thing, but can never make out like that. Good Job.