Kate had her reconstructive tear duct work done down in Salt Lake a couple weeks ago. She was missing part of her duct work (where your tears drain), so we were having to deal with infection all the time. They made an incision (about 1/2 inch long) just below her eye. Then they burned a hole through her nose bone (I know, sounds horrible) so that they could attach her tear sac directly to the inside of her nose. Then they put a tube through her upper eye duct, through the sac, and stitched it in place in her nose. I know this is probably more than anyone wanted to know, just more so I can remember! Here are some pretty sad before and after pictures of the poor girl! She did really well though. She wasn't too happy coming out of anesthesia, but who would be? She was really swollen and bruised for a few days, but nothing can slow this little girl down. She's just as busy and crazy as ever! We hope that once they pull the tube out in two months that the surgery will have been a success, we won't really know until then.
![]()
Getting ready to go in . . . not too excited.
Just came out of recovery . . . popsicles make everything better! For a minute anyway.
There's a bit of a smile!
So tired.
About four days later, looking much better!
4 comments:
Poor kid!!! It makes me hurt to see the pictures. I'm glad she is feeling better.
OMG...when did she get so BIG? I thought she was Lucy at first!
I hope she feels better!
Sorry, Kim! Kate sure is a cutie, though! Hope she is feeling better!
Wow... I got it. Really Thanks from my soft heart. Its wonderful Sharing. Today is my first visit in this site. But now i am regular visitor. Because Its very helpful site for my job. I will learn here. security cameras installed in california
Thanks
Tafser Ahmed
Post a Comment