Thursday, September 3, 2009

CORN, CORN, CORN

We have corn coming out of our ears! Haha. I know, I'm a dork. But seriously our garden has been giving us plenty of veggies to eat breakfast, lunch, & dinner. My parents are here in Lewisville with the girls and I while Nick is in Twin Falls at school. We have been eating corn on the cob like crazy and I love it! (The only good thing about the end of summer.) We have frozen about 18 DOZEN ears of corn. A lot! We have had tons of cucumbers, beans, swiss chard, peppers, beets, lettuce, corn, and the tomatoes are coming along. Gardens are sure a lot of work (especially when your husband decides to plant 15 rows of corn), but when they begin to produce it's all worth it! Here's some pics . . . The process . . . Some of the bags we froze . . .
Horses enjoying the leftovers!
On another note- Nick is doing well with school and we are still getting stuff moved. One of these days we'll be settled! But for now we are enjoying my parents being here and spending time with them! We've had lots of visitors this last month, it's been great!

5 comments:

Davis's Magical Mystery Tour said...

YUM! That is quite a garden! How fun to have your parents come help with thte harvest.

John and Sherri said...

15 rows!!! That's a lot of corn. Looks delicious!

The Bell Family said...

Wow that is a lot of corn, it looks delicous!

The Schauerhamers said...

I agree, having a garden is wonderful. Our corn didn't turn out very well though. It got planted late but fortunately my parents have a lot of corn and we are enjoying that. I like how everyone was helping out in the process! It's one of those things that you remember doing with your mom and then look forward to doing it with your children. Good luck with the move and school for Nick!

Giles Fam said...

Kim--you are my hero! look at all that corn! you are awesome. I was SOOOOO looking forward to having a garden this summer--but with my morning sickness--i just didn't happen. Next year for sure! You have inspired me. Your veggies look delish. Good luck with the move!!